Maintaining your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. Have a look at how we handle the data we receive.
Just keep in mind that this policy is only applicable to the Generatorist.com, and not to any other websites that you may be able to access from our site, each of which may have data collection and use practices and policies that differ materially from ours.
We encourage you to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
1.1 DEFINITIONS USED IN THIS POLICY
- Personal Data – The term personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing – The term processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data Subject – The term data subject means a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
- Child – The term child refers to a natural person that is under 16 years of age.
- We/us – Both terms we/us (either capitalized or not) refer to Generatorist.com
If you have any more terms that are unclear to you, let us know and we will gladly expand this list.
1.2 PRINCIPLES WE FOLLOW
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
If you feel that we have not adhered these principles in any way, we are very sorry. If this is the case, then please, let us know how we can help you.
2.1 YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – Meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – Meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – Meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – Meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – Meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – Meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – Meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – In the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – Meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority (see the end of this page) and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – You have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
3.1 INFORMATION YOU SHARE
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc. – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us.
Also, we save the information you provide us with when you leave comments on or perform any other activities on the Generatorist.com website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
3.2 INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools such as your IP address. This information is used to improve your customer experience.
Just keep in mind that when you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
We use standard cookies (a tiny text file stored on your computer) and/or similar technologies to analyze customer behavior, administer the website, track users’ movements, identify content that needs improvement and to collect information about users. This is done in order to make your experience with Generatorist.com better and only we can access the cookies created by our website.
You can control your cookies at the browser level by changing its settings.
Just keep in mind that choosing to disable cookies may diminish your experience at the Generatorist.com and some of its features may not work for you as intended.
- Necessary cookies – These cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information the next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com.
For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
3.2.2 EMBEDDED CONTENT
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4.1 THE WAY WE USE YOUR DATA
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Enhance visitors experience;
- Fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent. With your consent, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We also process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize personal data gathered and to use any such data.
We will use data outside the scope of this policy only when it is anonymized.
Generatorist.com is a general audience site, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online.
Also, if we learn or have reason to suspect that Generatorist.com user is under the age of 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
5.1 WHO ELSE CAN ACCESS YOUR DATA
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
We share your data with a couple of processing partners and connected third parties.
Our processing partners:
- Google Analytics
Connected third parties:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data.
Keep in mind that we disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. Also, we might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
6.1 HOW WE SECURE YOUR DATA
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use anonymization and pseudonymization where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information.
However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
7.1 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
It is a responsibility of you, our visitor, to review this Policy to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
Last modification was made December 12, 2018.
If you want to learn how this website works, what is our stance on maintaining your privacy, or if you just want to get in touch with us, these pages will help you.